What is your payment schedule?
Lifestyle sessions: I require a nonrefundable 50% retainer fee and a signed contract to hold your date and time. The remaining 50% is due the day before your session. Once we agree on a date, time, and location and you're ready to move forward, I will send a contract and invoice to your email.
Weddings: The retainer fee and payment schedules can vary. However, typically I require a 20% retainer payment to hold your date and the remaining 80% is due 7 days before your wedding. If you would like to discuss payment plans, we absolutely can!
How will you deliver the photos to me?
I will send you a link to your private, online gallery. From this gallery, you will be able to immediately download your images to your computer or smartphone. You are also able to make favorites lists, share with friends and family, and order print products from a professional print shop linked right in your gallery. All final images are professionally edited and retouched.
What is the turnaround time to receive my photos?
Lifestyle sessions: You will receive your photos within 3 weeks from your session date.
Weddings: You will receive your entire gallery within 6 weeks from your wedding date. I deliver 'sneak-peek' photos within 48 hours and I edit wedding days in batches to not keep you waiting for too long.
Turnaround times greatly depend on what season we are in, if it is a busy season for me your gallery will be closer to the 3/6 week mark.
Do you travel?
YES, I do travel! I apply travel fees for any regular session more than 25 miles from my office for lifestyle sessions and more the 50 miles for weddings. I charge a fee per mile if the location is within driving distance. If I need to fly, I charge the exact price of that plane ticket and the cost of a hotel room if I need to stay overnight.
What is your editing style?
I have a hard time pigeonholing my editing because it really depends on the scenery, time of day, weather, and clients. I specialize in natural, warm, true-to-life photography, but I also think it’s important to be flexible. I don’t edit so my Instagram feed is 100% cohesive, I edit so that each session is the most complimentary for each individual client. My personal philosophy is to keep you as your authentic self and to put you in poses and lighting that are flattering. I let the natural colors shine and I don’t do any significant alterations. (Now, that doesn’t mean I won’t edit out a pimple, bruise, scratch, or other small imperfection.) Each session that I deliver will echo your natural radiance and California’s dreamy golden light.
What happens if it rains on my session date?
If the weather doesn't work in our favor the day of your scheduled session I will give you 4 different options:
1. We shoot anyways! We can embrace the elements and have fun in the rain (as long as there isn't lightning close by). I'll even bring some clear umbrellas that make for the most amazing rain photos.
2. We reschedule. We can pick a new date and hope for sunshine!
3. Move it indoors. We can move your session to my studio for no additional cost.
4. Get credit/ gift certificate. If you don't want to shoot in the rain, reschedule, or move the session to the studio, I can send you a gift certificate for the amount that you have paid to be used in the future or gifted to someone else.